Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Yesterday my whole family except Jenny and her family (after their 4255-mile family vacation who can blame them for not wanting another road trip just yet) and a couple of my nephews, came to my mom and dad's house to celebrate Father's Day. We were also happy that our family friend, Doris K., from Lyons was able to join us. The night before, my sister Teresa and I had put together the new charcoal grill we got our dad for the occasion. Here's a picture of the screws, nuts and washers packet before we started. They even gave us our own tools!

A little more than an hour after we started, my brother-in-law Kenny got home and razzed us mercilessly. First of all, it said clearly on the box that the store would have assembled it for free. And then because when I put the hinges on for the lid, I put them on backward. Razzmfrazzm. We eventually got it all put together (we think) and called it good. To be safe, we gave him the leftover screws, nuts and washers just in case! Here's what the inside of the finished product looks like:

Here's a picture of the sunset I saw when I was driving back out to my mom and dad's house after the grill assembly. Ah, Kansas! (Do you remember those commercials for Kansas from the 80s?)

It was so awe-inspiring, I actually got out of the car and took several pictures. The one above is probably my favorite.

The newest members of our family were quite entertaining for our Sunday celebration. Zach loves to walk up and down, up and down, up and down, the porch steps at my mom and dad's house. He can do this all day everyday and he'd be perfectly happy.

He sticks the tongue out while checking his dad's progress at the grill. Mark did all the cooking of burgers, dogs and sausages. Yum!

Caden was doing a drunken walk through the kitchen when he decided to drop and rest at his Aunt Katie's feet. But at least he had a smile for the camera. Such a ham!

It was a happy Father's Day for all the dads in my family.

3 comments:

Country Girl said...

looks like a really good day :)

Linda said...

glad you were able to celebrate with your dad. Beautiful sunset pic!

KRyan said...

Hey, Chris! Thanks for tagging me, you're now in my "favs" list. Looks like you've been busy!! I'm jealous of your travels!

Send me your email address: kerriryan@cox.net

- KRy